Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Six Months of Eleanor

Well. Better late than never, no? It's the photo-taking that seems to be so easy to procrastinate on. And the fact my hard drive is full, so I have to shuffle things around every time I want to download photos.

Ok, six months, let's try and remember what's been going on with baby girl for the past few weeks. Her sleeping got really questionable there for a while, but I think it was because we were out of town. She seems to strongly prefer her own bed and being able to stretch out farther than a pack n play will allow. Took her about a week after we got home to get back into her groove.

Then once she got settled for a few nights, teething seemed to set in. Eleanor seems more sensitive to teething pain than Charlie was. All I remember with him were a few bad weekends that ended in a few teeth popping through by Sunday morning. With Eleanor it seems to be a very dragged out process. Weeks and weeks of this agony and no teeth to show for it. She is up once or twice a night now crying. Fun!

On a more positive note, she started solids, which has been fun. Somewhere around 5 1/2 months, she started acting interested in what the rest of us were eating. We were in Dallas visiting my parents and she really seemed to want some of Charlie's pancakes.

I gave her some cereal and a few other things and so far she's liked everything! Or I guess technically she's not rejecting anything because she hasn't had it 12 times or whatever. But there seems to be real enthusiasm for the avocado and the mango/banana!

Also this month: Eleanor started to really respond to Charlie. He is by far her favorite person. She watches him all the time and looks absolutely thrilled when he is paying attention to her. She reaches for him when he's nearby and if she can get her hands on him, will clutch him with all she's got. She especially loves to grab his hair.

Charlie is so sweet natured about it. He laughs when she grabs at him and tells her she's goofy. He'll get her a toy and dutifully comes to tell me if she's crying in her crib. I'm still amazed he doesn't get annoyed with her or sick of sharing attention. They have a very, very sweet, loving relationship.

Eleanor is still rolling over from back to front quite easily... and then getting furious and screaming when she gets tired of being on her tummy. We've had a couple of instances in the past week, right at 6 months, where she has managed to get back on her back. I told her it would really work for me if she could just figure that out at 3am instead of calling for me like she was doing a few weeks ago. For the most part she has figured it out.

No progress sitting up just yet. Sometimes I think she will crawl before she sits up, just to try and keep up with Charlie. I hope he's ready, she is going to be his shadow once she's mobile.

The dogs also need to brace themselves for her becoming mobile. She loves to grab some fur! Ringo looks kind of taken aback when she grabs for him and Zoe just gives her a good natured lick up the middle of the face. Ugh, yuck, I can't even think about the germ fest that is.

We have her six month doctor's appointment this week and I am betting she put on more than two pounds. It's been one long growth spurt since her four month appointment. Mostly the eating part and not so much the sleeping part.

She's in size 3 diapers and wearing 6 to 12 month clothes. One nap a day is about all I can coax out of her. It's usually a long nap, about 3 hours, so at least there's that. We are usually on the go during other parts of the day anyways, trying to keep Charlie busy.

I think that's it! I'm now off to get some sleep before someone's lack of teeth wake me up.

No comments: