Monday, March 11, 2013

Two Months of Eleanor

Eleanor's second month has been.... exhausting. We kicked things off with her reflux diagnosis, enjoyed some screamy gas pains the whole time and ended it with a virus/trip to the ER. I am. So tired.

I haven't had time to go back and look in the blog, but this is overall feeling much harder than it was with Charlie. Who knows, maybe Charlie was exactly this hard and I just have it blocked out. I'm searching for positive, inspirational things to say about the experience. Umm.... she's really cute!

The reflux is mostly under control with Zantac. The gas has subsided as her digestive tract has matured. And after a week of almost non-stop fever (after a 3am trip to the ER), she now just has residual cough and congestion. So... progress!

We are now working on sleep and moving on from being up every 2.5 to 3 hours at night. We're starting to get some slightly longer stretches at night. It all hinges on her getting enough sleep during the day. If she's overtired, you have a very long night ahead of you. Some days it feels like all I do is try to convince her to sleep. And convince myself to stay awake.

We definitely have a girl on our hands. She is quite finicky. Her nursing environment must be perfectly peaceful. Her diaper must be perfectly dry. There are standards to be met here people. Meet them or you will pay.

Dressing her has been fun. Pink is all over this house right now. She is very long - that is a 3 to 6 month outfit her Nana got her in the photo. That looks too short. I'm excited for warmer weather. She has all sorts of cute summer outfits waiting for her in her closet!

We are getting lots smiles and coos now. Except for Charlie, who usually gets this funny look from her with her brow furrowed. Her voice is very soft and sweet. Like Charlie, she wants to be part of the action. Don't even think about sticking her in the swing while everyone else is in the kitchen talking.

I'm sure there are all sorts of things I'm forgetting. I'm just so sleepy all the time I have no memory. I can't even remember a good example of how tired I am! We are looking forward to things improving sleep-wise in the next month. I'm sure next month's update will even make sense!

No comments: