Friday, September 21, 2012

10 Years

Ten years ago today, Brad and I got married. It doesn't feel like it could possibly be that long, yet it feels like we have been through so much, all at the same time.

Those people who say that marriage is hard? They are right. It is. Sometimes it is very, very hard. But making it ten years with him is one of the things I am most proud of in my life. It did not come without work and sacrifice on both our parts.

Every year on our anniversary, I wear the same perfume that I wore on our wedding day and on our honeymoon. My mom helped me pick it out a few days before the wedding. It was her (extremely good) idea to wear it each year on our anniversary to remember. Something about the scent sticks with me and brings back a flood of memories for both of us.

In a strange coincidence, the perfume I picked that day was new at the time, and created for Queen Elizabeth to mark her Golden Jubilee in 2002. Isn't that crazy? And then 10 years later we were in London, celebrating her Diamond Jubilee!

If I have learned anything in the past 10 years, it's that you just never know where life is going to lead you. It's certainly been an adventure together so far! And I hope it always will be.

For this momentous occasion, we are going to order Thai food and watch a movie. Actually we are going out to dinner Saturday night - we aren't completely lame! Though being pregnant on any kind of big occasion automatically means you will be somewhat lame. I'm too tired to be exciting!

We are anxiously awaiting our oh-so-practical anniversary gift to each other of deck furniture. Which I believe I have been asking for every year for the past ten! It should be here in a week or two. You should come by for dinner! We'll sit outside! Finally!

I stole this off of Pinterest because I thought it was neat. It's supposed to be a card, but that would require me to be crafty, which I'm not:

10 Years
3,652 Days
87,658 Hours
2 (almost!) Kids
2 Poodles
4 Cities
3 Homes
100's of Fights and Makeups
A handful of times I wanted to give up
The number of anniversaries I hope to celebrate with you: Infinite

Happy Anniversary Brad. I love you. 


 
 
 
 

No comments: