Saturday, October 1, 2011

Touch a Truck



The Junior League of Richmond puts on a really neat event each fall called Touch a Truck. There are fire trucks, diggers, tractors, bulldozers, helicopters ....... and a bunch of other equipment I couldn't name if I tried.

Brad and I had been looking forward to taking Charlie for several weeks since Charlie is obsessed with big trucks. One of the first things I said when I found out Brad had to leave for London was that he was going to miss Touch a Truck! But we took lots of pictures and I did my best to stand in for Daddy. We were missing him a lot, though, and judging from the texts he was sending me, he was missing us too. 

We met up with my friend Karen and her two boys. The temperatures dropped 20 degrees overnight, so it was cool and crisp - perfect fall weather. We had so much fun checking everything out and Charlie and Ben could have stayed all day I think. When we first got there, Charlie was so excited, he started doing this little happy dance. 


 Not sure where he got that from, but it was pretty funny! And neat to see him so excited.

The highlight of the day was the helicopter. Well, at first there were two, but one had to leave. We got to watch it take off. The other one we were able to get inside and check out. Charlie didn't want to get out and when he finally had to, he burst into tears. His love for helicopters is serious. Ben very sweetly told Charlie it was ok and don't cry.



There were also booths with games and activities and dogs to adopt and such. After we checked all of that out, Karen and I were hungry and getting a bit worn out. The only thing missing from the event was food. Well, and Starbucks, which I think should be at all child-focused events for the parents. There were a few places to get ice cream or bbq, but nothing really sounded appealing. So we packed it in and headed to Chick fil A. Charlie didn't want to leave and kept telling me to walk the other way. 

On our way to the car we ran into Charlie's friend from when he was in daycare, Freddie. Freddie has a new little brother and we haven't seem him in a while. In fact, I don't think he and Charlie recognized each other! Kind of sad. Reminded me that I need to take Charlie by his old school to say hi to the teachers.

After Chick fil A, it was time for a nap. Charlie took a whopping 4 hour nap! I fell asleep for a while too. Tomorrow we are going to pick pumpkins, so it's another big day!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Aw, I just love this! It is totally Charlie's scene.