Sunday, September 11, 2011

Teasing

For a few months now, Charlie has been teasing his daddy. For some reason, that is something he reserves just for him. Charlie doesn't tease me, but he will tease Brad any chance he gets! I have to admit, teasing Brad is really fun.


It started with Charlie telling Brad "Bye!' out of nowhere whenever Brad got back in town on Friday. And Brad would dramatically reply "No! I'm home now! I'm not going anywhere!" and Charlie would laugh hysterically and say it again.

Then the teasing moved on to Charlie telling Brad that Bobo (our dog) was a horse. I have NO idea where that came from. But Charlie would tell Brad, quite happily, that "Bobo's a Horse!" - and Brad would again tell him dramatically NO! Bobo is NOT a horse! This would go back and forth for quite a while.

After a bit, Charlie changed the script and would concede that "Bobo's a big dog" after a few rounds. I think we need to get Charlie around an actual horse, since Bobo is nowhere near as big.

Today the teasing took a new turn. Now, in order to get a big reaction out of Daddy, Charlie has started calling him Brad or Bradford. It's hilarious. Juice Brad! Bradford? Where are you? I guess imitating me, though I can't remember the last time I asked Brad for juice. Wine maybe, but I'm not a big juice drinker.

I'm so curious to see where the next round of this ribbing takes us. Charlie has certainly shown his sense of humor early on!

No comments: