Friday, May 20, 2011

Strawberry Pickin'

Charlie and I met our play group to pick strawberries on Wednesday. Kind of funny considering Charlie won't eat strawberries. He's gotten quite picky about food actually. He did love picking them, though.
Each time I saw him looking the other way, I tossed the overripe and rotted ones he had put into the container. The first time I tossed some he saw me do it and ran right over and got them, pretty sure Mommy made a mistake. After that I had to wise up and wait until he wasn't watching. Charlie may not like strawberries, but I sure do.
After all that picking, he was ready for a rest. It was a gorgeous day and we were close enough to the airport for him to see some airplanes. Eventually he got out of his chair and ran around with the other kids, playing with all the toys the farm owners so thoughtfully set out in their front yard. There were also a couple of extremely lazy farm dogs who needed to be pet.
I also bought some spring onions and kale. I have never cooked with either. Still not sure what I'm going to do with them. Fairly certain whatever I settle on, Charlie will not eat. He's a huge fan of spinach, though, so I suppose I'll let it go.

It was a really awesome day. :)

No comments: