Monday, November 15, 2010

What Happened to Me??

I lost my blog mojo there for a while. I'm not even sure it's back but for a while I just haven't felt like writing anything. Is that normal?

I also can't find my camera (sob) so I don't have any new pictures of Charlie to post! I've been trying to get some video of him because his talking is hilarious, but he clams up the minute I turn my Flip on.

I wish I had a bunch of exciting things that have been keeping me busy but really I've just been taking care of Charlie and continuing to work part time. Between that and holding the house together while Brad is out of town, I am low on time. And energy. I add one thing to the mix and I have to drop something else.

For instance, I have been putting effort into being a more diligent book club member and actually, you know, reading the book. This month's selection is Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. It was interesting an easy read. But it didn't change my life or anything. If you're looking for a decent page turner, go read it.

I'm hoping next month we read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. Looks so interesting. I also want to read Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, that the movie is based on. I love that kind of futuristic Handmaid's Tale type stuff. I always have more things to read then I have time for.

Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving? My sister Meredith is coming down from NYC next Wednesday to visit for it! I'm so excited! I know Charlie is going to be thrilled to see her. He loves Aunt Mimi.

For Thanksgiving proper we are going down for the day to Williamsburg to have dinner with my in-laws. Charlie's already working on his power eating so he can impress everyone with how much he can pack away.

I'm making a Crain family tradition to take with us for Thanksgiving dinner: Blueberry Banana Cream pie. Yummm. The recipe makes 2 pies and I will go ahead and predict that Meredith and I will eat the second one directly out of the pie plate while watching some really bad television at some point during the weekend. Because that's what Thanksgiving is about: tradition.

Also to occur around Thanksgiving: the new Harry Potter movie! I'll be viewing it with my traditional date, Karen, who loved the books and tries to love the movies as much as I do. We both love butter on our popcorn too.

And finally, in exciting news, our good friends and former neighbors, Jason and Kristen, just had their baby boy over in London! Welcome Baby Charlie! Now, yes, I do realize our sons have the same names. But then, so did our grandfathers. :) It's a good name!

I hope we can go over and visit them and meet the new baby next spring or summer. I sure do miss the Fosters. The USA just isn't the same without them - too much wine and not enough sarcasm around here with them gone!

Ok, maybe I got a little mojo back just writing something. I've GOT to find my camera, though. Has anyone seen it?

No comments: