Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend Roundup

This post started as a Friday break down, progressed to a Saturday update and now is kind of a Sunday recap. This week really took it out of me, mostly because the trip to El Paso was pretty exhausting. Follow that with a hectic few days at work prepping for a mid-February deadline and I was a zombie by Friday.

The trip to El Paso for my grandmother's funeral was good. I saw some family I hadn't seen in many years and it was great to spend time with my immediate family. I'm not going to lie, I had a lot of anxiety leaving Charlie, not because I thought he would have anything less then a very fun time with his daddy and my in-laws, but just being away from him is hard. What can I say, I'm addicted to Charlie.

The flights were long so I bought The Time Traveler's Wife to read on the plane. It's been on my list for a while. I'm enjoying it but I'm not dying to find out what happens next. I do think I'll finish it, which is more then I can say for The Lovely Bones, which I threw down in disgust 3/4 of the way through. And I don't think I'll bother with either movie - at least until they're played 3 times a week on TBS like The Notebook or Steel Magnolias.

Lots of work ahead this week, which I realize is boring as heck to blog about, but next weekend we go up to DC for one of my BFF's baby shower! Lakshmy is getting close to her due date with a darling baby boy so it's time to go celebrate! We also get to see the cute colonial they just bought in the district and see the nursery and all that. I can't wait!

Lakshmy is towards the end of her pregnancy so naturally can't wait for all the discomfort to be over so I'm taking her the entire Twilight series to keep her occupied for the next month. I hope she likes them because I know I'd rather be in Forks then home feeling extremely 8-9 months pregnant aaaaanny day of the week. Nice escapism.

I've had MTV on while typing this so I'll wrap with a few observations:
  • Jersey Shore is over - very sad! I am pleased to see that by the end of the season they did learn not to put charcoal in their gas grill. Well done kids!
  • Season Finale of Teen Mom is coming up and my favorite underage couple is getting engaged! Catelynn and Tyler! Who act more maturely then all of their adult role models combined.
  • New season of 16 and Pregnant coming in February - woohoo 10 more train wrecks a'comin!
Still getting caught up on the all the award show broo-ha-ha, which I normally love to follow for all the dresses. I have to say though dresses, schmesses, I'm now in love with Pacey Witter all over again:
How cute is he??? Diane. HONEY. Put a ring on it already!

Ok, I'm really going now. Good night!

1 comment:

emilyb said...

i agree with you about the time traveler's wife. i think i may have liked it better on kindle though. there's something about not knowing exactly where you are in a book that appeals to me. (haven't finished paperback yet) i'm consumed with guilt because of the stack of books on my bedside that collect dust and look messy. kindle has solved that completely. i'm reading 4 books at once now and just switch when i get bored with one. i really wanted something sparkley for christmas from ced but i'd say he did well with the digi book. nothing says, "i love you" like be quiet and read.