Saturday, December 19, 2009

Today

Saturdays around here are usually pretty hectic - we are running around trying to get errands run, things done around the house, hit the gym and possibly get out to dinner on our own or with friends. If we hadn't been snowed in today I know it would have been even more crazy with it being the weekend before Christmas.

Getting all this snow is like being forced to relax and I must say I have enjoyed every minute of it. I've just slowly done some things around the house, spent time with Charlie and Brad and rested. If it had not snowed so much this weekend I would not have:
  • Taken a nap
  • Eaten warm cookies by the fire
  • Curled up on the couch and listened to Christmas music
  • Organized my kitchen cabinets
  • Read the newspaper
  • Wrapped presents
  • Cooked
  • Watched so many episodes of Deadliest Catch
  • Planned Christmas dinner
  • Updated my blog
  • Relaxed!
Of course the list of things I would have done (and still need to do) is probably longer but it's been too nice to think of it that way. I wonder if I could self impose some relaxation days on us every once in a while. I guess those are called vacations aren't they?? lol

No comments: