Thursday, November 5, 2009

Meet Alice. And Goodbye Elvis.

It's a girl! I'm so excited about my stealth mom-mobile. She was worth the wait. Drives like a dream and has lots of bells and whistles that I am really not used to. But I will somehow muddle through and adapt. :)

Update ** ugh yeah, I guess I could have explained what kind of car, duh. Volvo XC90.

We still have Elvis and are trying to decide what to do with him. Donate, sell, where to sell, etc. He is 10 years old and has about 108,000 miles. But time has been a bit rough on his body (sadly I can relate).

Call me sentimental, but I'm a bit sad about saying goodbye to him. We've been through a lot. I bought him when I was just out of college working my first real job. I went to see my family in Indianapolis over Thanksgiving that year and bought a car while I was there! A guy I was dating at the time told me he couldn't believe I would do something so impulsive. Needless to say, we were not a good match.

I met my mom in Memphis - halfway between Indy and Dallas - a few weeks later to swap Elvis for my Honda Civic (a.k.a. Mr. Car) that my sister Megan was going to drive. Cookie was going up to visit her parents in Indy so came along for the ride. We had lunch at Cracker Barrel. I ordered my usual - Eggs in a Basket. Funny the things you remember sometimes.

Since then Elvis has been with me for a lot of life's big events. I drove him to my wedding. A couple of years later Brad and I loaded him up, put Zoe in the backseat and moved halfway across the country to DC - where a year later he got rear ended by a Metro bus. He's hauled lots of Home Depot purchases to fix up the 3 houses we've owned. He took me to all of my OB appointments and brought Charlie home from the hospital.

He's been a good car - a lot better then I was expecting out of an Isuzu! Hopefully Alice will stick around for just as long.

3 comments:

Megan said...

What kind of car?? Hot mama! Lookin goood!

FunnyGirl said...

a vampire will always kick a rock icon's a$$. I am just saying. Here's to 10 + years with Alice!

Meredith said...

I still feel that way about the Red Ranger, and yes I will miss Elvis too! I remember when you got him.