Anyways, the highlights/revelations:
- My is it easy traveling without an infant! This was my first trip alone since he was born. On the plane I read a book, had something to drink and didn't get a single dirty look from anyone! I had a glass of wine on the trip home. Also read quite a bit of the Lovely Bones. Have you read it? So depressing. Will be skipping the movie.
- I woke up early in the hotel, despite being exhausted, and realized to my delight that for this one morning, nobody needed me. I read some celebrity web sites, worked out, read the paper over breakfast and while I got ready for work nobody screamed in faux distress!
- While I hate running, going running in another city is a delightful form of sightseeing. It kind of makes it feel like vacation instead of work. I ran through the French Quarter and along the lake while the sun rose and feelings of peace battled it out with impending leg cramps and being embarrassingly out of breath.
- It is still so striking to me how different eating dinner with others is when Charlie isn't with me. Even when he is being good it takes so much brain power to keep him occupied. I had dinner at K-Paul's with Lakshmy and Whitney where we had legitimate conversation that I actually contributed to and remembered! We also had a LOT of butter.
- Lakshmy saw Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush in New Orleans - they are soooooo back together. You heard it here first. Unless you saw it on Lakshmy's FB wall first.
- I ran down the hall to get Charlie Wednesday morning when he woke up - I was so excited to see him. By that night, diarrhea, diaper rash and upset baby had me daydreaming of a hurricane with a side of beignets.
Maybe in a couple of months we can switch again. While it's nice to do periodically I don't think I'd trade him. I think he'd rather be home too but we've got to make the most of what we're dealing with here. A travel job and some really bad diaper rash.... :)