Monday, June 22, 2009

Mom's Visit

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted! Things have been so busy the days have flown by. My mom was here until the 17th, which was so much fun. Of course, I had to work, which was fine (I wouldn't describe it as so much fun) but we made dinner at night and played with Charlie and watched reality tv. 

Mom treated me to a massage on Sunday as an early birthday present, which was heavenly, as massages tend to be. She also picked me out the cutest dress and little cardigan from Banana Republic for my bday. They don't have it online or I'd post it. I wore it this past weekend in Pinehurst after buying some Spanx! Yes, I own Spanx now. And they do NOT disappoint!

Saturday I took Brad out for his birthday to the Black Sheep and then to Buddy's for drinks. We were going to go to the movies but decided to just go somewhere and talk since we don't do that too often. We sat near this strange guy who had just bought a wolf as a pet. For $3K. Odd. 

Anyways, it was so fun having my mom visit and I got all panicky again when she was about to leave thinking about juggling daycare and work on my own. Today was the first day and it wasn't terribly bad. I really have to be organized the night before though to make it happen though and so I am not getting a whole bunch of sleep. Or time to call people - if I owe you a phone call I promise you will hear from me soon!!

Here are a couple more cutie patootie pics of C-man that my mom took:


Also while my mom was here we went and got Charlie a new exersaucer, which is a gift from my Aunt Judy. This thing is like Charlie's all time favorite toy and only took Brad and me an hour to put together! First of many toy assembly efforts involving 67 brightly colored plastic parts I'm sure.

He is fascinated by it! There are so many little things to play with and sounds that it makes - the thing requires like 14 batteries or something insane like that. He's getting pretty good at pushing the buttons. I took this video when he was in it for the first time and just wide eyed with glee!



I know I have more to write about and I can't think of it because I'm sleepy! Will do a catch up post tomorrow. Sweet dreams!

4 comments:

Nana said...

Judy loved watching the video of Charlie in his exersaucer. I bet Charlie sleeps well this week!

Meredith said...

My heart is MELTING! I miss him so much!

Megan said...

That smile is to die for. I love that little guy and miss him!!!

Lakshmy said...

How adorable is he in his little exersaucer?? Love it.