Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hello Reality

Every time I get all sunshine and puppy dogs about baby rearing (see previous blog post), reality snaps me back to being a little more pragmatic about all of it. The giant gas bubble we affectionately call Charlie had such a rough day. He was so uncomfortable and squirmy and non-napping (oh wait, that's every day!) and I just felt so bad for him. Luckily the doula was here in the afternoon so I got a break from it for a little while. I finally got him down to sleep tonight but am so wired from all of it that I am having a hard time sleeping. 

By the way, if you are reading this and are expecting a baby or have one younger then Charlie, please do not despair. I think I have a particularly gassy baby and you will most likely not go through this. Bad Poodles does not intend to scare other mommies. 

Non-baby topic: Is anyone else as excited about the Real Housewives of New Jersey as I am?? 

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I know I have heard moms say stuff before to their grown up kids, "You were such a gassy baby!" I kind of get it now.
I wouldn't say I was excited perse, but I will be watching Jersey housewives.