Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cuteness

I love this picture. Little Charlie in his fleece with the puppy dog ears from his Aunt Lakshmy. More clothes are starting to fit on him and it's so fun to dress him up! I mean, when you have a newborn who fights napping all day long, you might as well play a little dress up, no? 

The doula is back tonight and I just took copious notes during the 15 minutes it took for her to get him down to sleep. I had just fed him and she took him and swaddled him, held him for a little while and then laid him down before he was asleep. He put himself to sleep and after last night when he fussed after every 30 minutes in the crib, I couldn't believe that was really my baby, just peacefully drifting off to sleep. She told me the swaddle tricks them into thinking they are being held. I have guardedly high hopes for tomorrow night when Brad is home. 

With Brad gone all week, we are spending the weekend until he leaves again just chillin' with Charlie. I'm also getting a much needed hair cut. Art, Sue and Clare come Sunday for Easter lunch. Before you think I am in fact Wonder Woman (instead of her lesser known cousin) I am not actually cooking anything. Sue is bringing it all and even set the table before she left today. I could write a short book on effortless entertaining: have someone else do all of it. 

That's about all for tonight. Happy Easter everyone!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cute!

Lakshmy said...

How incredibly adorable is that baby with his little puppy ears?? So cute!

Stephanie said...

Aww, that's adorable!

Soña said...

Absolutely precious! Have a wonderful weekend Kara!