Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday Charlie Fun

It's been pretty cloudy and grey in Richmond today so we have been kind of lazy. Yesterday we actually got out of the house and took Charlie on a short walk in his very hip stroller his Grandma Hope got him. It was so warm and nice out but he did get fussy at the end and I had to take him out and carry him the rest of the way with Brad pushing the stroller and holding the dogs' leashes. I think tomorrow it's supposed to be nice too. There's an awesome outdoor mall about 5 minutes from our house I would love to go push him around. I suppose it's a little early for that though - he's not even 2 weeks old. I just have a bit of cabin fever. 

I took some pictures of Charlie in his Boppy after he finished eating earlier today because he was being so stinkin' cute. My favorite times of day are when he's awake and alert like this. His little eyes are wide open and he just watches and stares and we have little conversations. I do most of the talking.  The best times for this are in the morning and early afternoon. 


I know I'm supposed to be napping when he naps, but I really stink at napping during the day. I guess it's been too long since college when an afternoon nap was so easy to slip in! The funny thing is, there have been quite a few days at work in my career when after lunch I could have so easily fallen asleep. Now that I have the opportunity, I can't do it. Part of it I think is that Charlie feeds every 2 hours during the day, so by the time we finish feeding and get him settled there's only an hour left and I'm kind of wound up. Maybe next week when my mom is here I'll be better at it because she'll make me go lay down and she's really good at getting Charlie calm. Brad just keeps changing his diaper over and over until he calms down! Well that and swaddles him. We aspire to have the Happiest Baby on the Block. My friend Kristen checked out the DVD version of the book at the library and Brad and I watched it in a state of desperation Sunday night. So far I'd say we have the 3rd or 4th happiest baby, especially after 5pm. It's a short block.

I also took a little video of him using my crappy old digital camera. You'd think we hadn't just purchased a camcorder for the very purpose of documenting all the cuteness, but I haven't learned how to work it yet. Now we are in the market for a better digital camera - the one we've been using was my Christmas gift right after we got married. It is rather clunky.

video
Also, Charlie's Aunt Clare came to visit him on Sunday and the pic of the two of them turned out rather cute! I think he was being fussy and she calmed him down like a good aunt! He loves his Aunt Clare!

Well that's about all that's going on around here! It is, naturally, time to go feed Charlie again!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aww, Kara, he is so cute!

Soña said...

I love the video Kara. Charlie is just so adorable.

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

He is looking SOO cute and handsome. I can't wait to hold that little guy!