Some thoughts -
- Could Angelina be more boring? I know she's like way too famous to bother with the press, but every dress she picks is just a snooooooooooze, like she's hoping nobody will look at her. I know I didn't bother for long.
- That was so nice of Beyonce's mom to let her daughter turn her Vegas condo curtains into a dress. The Knowles ladies don't consider themselves dressed up without a unflattering fishtail! Yeah!
- Kristy and I decided on IM that Sarah Jessica Parker traded in her chin mole for some boobs to fill out her dress. She looked like she was there withe her dad - what is up with Matthew Broderick's hair??
- Jennifer Aniston: you have left Malibu for the evening. Please style your hair accordingly.
- Kristen and I were split on Miley Cyrus' dress partially because what the heck is Miley Cyrus doing at the Oscars?? I think a lack of options has me appreciating a dress with some drama, but during interviews, she is aggravating beyond description.
- Kate Winslet can do no wrong when selecting dresses for award shows. Marisa Tomei looked pretty incredible too.
- Amy Adams usually looks darling but her stylist must have a really bad strain of the flu to let her out of the house with that gaudy, ugly necklace. Her dress was boring, but that could have been fixed by picking a different dress, not grabbing the largest piece of costume jewelry in Hollywood. So ugly.
- I think one of my high school friends wore Amanda Seyfried's Oscar dress to Homecoming in 1991. You're going on stage with Robert Pattinson and that's what you wear??? A gathered bow and spaghetti straps that makes you look 15???
- I officially have a girl crush on Tina Fey. Perfect.
I think that's all I got. Well, other then general annoyance with Sean Penn for not thanking his wife when he won Best Actor, but finding time to tell everyone Mickey Rourke was his boy. Eyeroll. And I tried really hard to like Hugh Jackman as host, but I miss a funny host. Can we bring Ellen back? Love her.
I hope I can go see Slumdog Millionaire either Wednesday or Thursday before I go into the hospital. I think I can wait for the others to come On Demand so I can shut them off if they get too depressing. One of my favorite Oscar moments was when Jon Stewart was hosting and he read off the list of Best Picture Nominees and a brief synopsis of each (all were about real life depressing issues; death, drugs, etc.) and then pausing before saying 'Because THAT'S why we go to the movies. To ESCAPE.' Amen.