Saturday, February 21, 2009

Exciting News!

One of my best friends, Amy, who was due last Sunday, had her baby boy last night! We just got the email and pictures from her hubby early this morning. He looks so healthy (a very nice 8 pounder!) and there's a picture of him with his mom that made me so weepy!! I have been close friends with Amy (we call her Cookie) for about twelve years and to see her holding her baby was just about the sweetest thing I've ever seen in my life. I'm still getting choked up!

She called me on the way to the hospital yesterday and sounded so excited! That was around 11am her time and she had him before 8pm. After she called I thought about her all night, wondering how it was going and frankly kind of worried because it seemed to be taking so long and there was no word. I was swapping texts with one of my other best friends Holly (who has a little girl coming around May 1!) for a while last night. Holly ended up waking up at 3:30 am to check her computer for a message!! I slept until just before 7 (a record for me lately) but I can't tell you the record speed in which I jumped out of bed and got my cell and laptop to see if there was any news. 

Anyways, that is some happy news today! I'm so anxious for more pictures - maybe a quick one without the hospital cap?? The ultrasound tech told them the baby has a ton of hair and I'm just dying to see! And of course get to Texas soon so I can meet this kid in person. I have a feeling he's going to be quite the personality...... =)

Congratulations to the Gunthers! We love you and can't wait to meet the baby!

No comments: