Saturday, January 24, 2009

Resolutions

It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do for one's perspective. After feeling so mopey and whiny last night (poor Brad listens to it all so patiently), I've decided what this problem needs is a properly written to do list; things to do to keep myself busy so that before I know it the baby is here. It must be written down because my memory span is about 3 minutes at this point.

I've also heard from a certain source (Kristy, who I think got this from someone else) that most of life's problems can be addressed through adjusted expectations and good hydration. So I just had a gatorade and told myself while I was drinking it to quit being so impatient. Impatience is not attractive - much like cameras, it adds 10 pounds.

One of my projects is going to be cooking some things to freeze to eat after the baby comes. If you, gentle reader, have any suggestions for recipes that freeze well and aren't terribly heavy, please throw them out there.  I have a feeling I'll be stocking up on aluminum baking pans and fat free cream of mushroom soup soon.

I've got to finish the nursery, find a cute diaper bag, pack for the hospital, write thank you notes, finish my playlists and completely clean and organize this entire house. Since this sounds like a list for the pregnant version of Wonder Woman, I may also invest in a red cape. When I'm wearing the red cape, get out of the way because things are being accomplished.

This is the only picture I could find of a pregnant superhero. Looks rather like Britney Spears, doesn't it? I wonder why there aren't more pregnant super heroes.
This is Most Fruitful Yuki, which is Juno's (the pregnant teen from the movie Juno) alter ego that fights injustice. Her mantra is 'Lead with the Belly, Follow with the Sword.' Such sage advice coming from a teenager. I found one youtube video where she is fighting Dick Cheney over pregnant lady parking at Babysrus. It's actually pretty disgusting or I'd post the link. 

Ok, well I'd better hop to it. Have a gooooood daaaaay!!!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

CHICKEN SPAGHETTI

1 chicken breast
1 7-oz. package spaghetti
1/2 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 small can chopped tomatoes
1 can cr. mushroom soup (you asked for it!)
1 cup green pepper, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice

Boil chicken and cut into small pieces. Cook spaghetti. Brown the celery, onion, and bell pepper in butter until they wither. Mix all ingredients together and place in large baking dish. Bake 30 minutes at 350. It's even better reheated!

Stephanie said...

PS: this is pretty obvious, but the canned tomatoes have to be drained. :)

Lindsay said...

Just in case you haven't seen them yet, I highly recommend my JuJuBe diaper bag. I have the Be Right Back in brown/robin and LOVE IT. It's probably too big for just one baby, but it's perfect for my two kids. I went through two cheapo diaper bags before I finally just got the one I wanted. I could have spent that $80 on another JuJuBe!

Just my two cents!

Kathleen said...

Google: Martha Stewart vegetable enchiladas and the recipe should come up on her website. They are delicious, and great to make ahead. The recipe even lets you know at what point to freeze everything. ENJOY!

Kathleen said...

Oops, my computer is still signed on under my moms account. This is actually Megan not Kathleen :)

Meredith said...

When I come visit I'm making this for you-
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/mushroom-casserole-recipe.html
Delicious and not nearly as heavy and creamy as the kind made from a can.
Yum!