Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I am still not Martha Stewart

Despite years of effort.

Brad ran out to the store tonight get milk and coffee and such and when he came home he brought me a dozen beautiful roses! And then I proceeded to completely brutalize them in an effort to be creative. 

Here is what I had in my head:
I even had a cube vase just like that! So I start cutting the stems and it doesn't look right and so I cut them some more and it still doesn't look right so I keep cutting until Brad walks into the kitchen, bursts out laughing and says 'Should I go get you some more?' I guess things were looking pretty dire at that point.

The more I stare at this picture, the more I don't understand why it didn't work. I had all the necessary elements! I guess besides talent. I even tried some of that flower foam stuff you can get at Michael's. Now the roses are broken up into these 3 tiny little vases I have and I am licking my wounds. Woe is me! 

Next time the roses are going into a regular vase and Martha can just look on judgementally from her blog.  That's of course assuming Brad buys me more roses after how I hacked into this set. =)

No comments: