Tuesday, December 2, 2008

State of the Uterus - Week 28

I had an attack of the pregnancy stupids yesterday and went to my appointment a day early. Dr. D isn't even there on Mondays! It wouldn't have been a big deal at all, but I had already downed the orange glucose liquid for my test. The orange drink wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! Just a touch of carbonation made all the difference! So anyways, I waited in the waiting room with the most recent Better Homes & Gardens and then they took my blood and I passed - which I celebrated by eating 2 pop tarts! And then I went back this morning for my actual doctor appointment.

The visit was fairly routine, but I would say the highlight was having Dr. D tell me what position the baby is in so I can tell whethere it's a hand or foot or what. She told me the baby is very low and is head down facing my tailbone. His little behind is pushing out a bit to the left of my belly button and she said when I feel movement on both sides of my tummy it is probably him arching his back and his little shoulders and behind pressing simultaneously on my tummy.

We also listened to his heartbeat, beautiful as ever, talked about pediatricians and of course I had to get weighed. Sigh. I hate that scale. Another 7 pounds this month. The doctor said she's happy with my weight gain and not to worry. But I am really starting to feel like a cow. I'm measuring at 28 weeks so my cow-ness is not related to the baby being big or growing to arrive early or anything. Just puuuuuuure cow-ness. Moo.

On that note, you have reached the 'It's My Blog and I'll Whine if I Want To' portion of this posting. If you are currently living in a no whining zone, you may want to skip the next couple of paragraphs.

Ok, so I went to the dentist before I went a day early to my doctor appointment and can I just say OUCH???? Oh. My. Gosh. If I knew it was going to hurt that bad I would have cancelled the appointment and said see you next spring. I guess my gums are all sensitive and she's scraping and cleaning and I'm wincing and gripping the arms of the chair and thinking of all variety and combination of profanity. It was that kind of hurt that makes your eyes water. She kept saying well if you flossed every day it wouldn't hurt this bad. And I kept thinking look lady, I am not adding any activity to my life that will make it MORE uncomfortable at this point so let it go. She also told this really long story about her daughter trying to find an after school babysitter on Craig's List and how 2 out of the 3 final candidates ended up having criminal charges that came up on the background check. But that Craig's list is such an awesome place to find child care. Ummm, sure.

My other topic of whining is my back. Oh my aching back! Upper back, lower back, whatever - it hurts. I was up for 2 hours last night because of shooting pain down my hip. Sitting in my chair at work all day is no fun. Don't even get me started on flying in a plane. Or days when I'm on my feet all day. So it hurts and my sleep is no good and then I feel icky the whole next day. Like today for instance - my ick factor is a solid 8 out of 10. Kind of feel a sore throat coming on and all achy and such.

Ok that's all my whining. Next doctor appointment is December 16, which I am writing here so I don't go on the 15th!!!

1 comment:

aichiba said...

Oh the teeth - pregnancy is so hard on them!