Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sick Twilight Obsession

UPDATE: Brad read this and said I failed to describe how I am keeping him up late at night while I read these books. Sigh. Edward would never complain about such a thing.

I've been bitten. By a book series for teenagers. It's really pathetic. You know, I had heard of the Twilight book series a long time ago and wrote it off, even telling a friend, nah I don't think those are for me. Now I hear people say that and I laugh. Oh silly, silly girl.

Clare and I were at TJ Maxx a while back and they had all the books marked down really cheap so we said what the heck, let's give them a read, see what the big deal is. This was around the same time my friend at work Leslie was dragging herself into the office each morning with bags under her eyes because she couldn't bear to put down the books to sleep at night. I even caught her sneaking a read under her desk one day! That is now me. I couldn't even wait patiently for Clare to finish the second book - I had to borrow Leslie's copies and now I'm halfway through the third and plan to also read the unpublished and unfinished version of the first book from the vampire's point of view that's on the author's web site. I can already tell that when I am all finished and there is no more to read that I am going to feel sad. That happened to me with Harry Potter. It was just so disappointing there wasn't going to be any more time with the characters to enjoy! Like a sort of mourning. And the movies are no consolation. I hear the Twilight movie is not so great (and none of the Harry Potters were either) and it's just not the same as being wrapped up in a book.

Sick, sick, sick.  But hey, I know when I go into work tomorrow Leslie will be asking me which part I'm on and we can act half our age gushing about all of it. And then send each other a bunch of Twilight related flair on Facebook. Pathetic! Oh well, it's keeping me occupied during the third trimester, so I guess that's something. But I really really need a recommendation for something of a page-turning nature to read after - anyone have any ideas? I've got 11 weeks of pregnancy to kill people and I'm obsessed with a teenage vampire love story. Help me!

4 comments:

aichiba said...

I'm obsessed too. I've been staying up soooo late at night I can barely function during the day. Friday I had the TV on for most of the day (babysitting my kids) so I could finish book #1 and start #2. I'm pathetic!

Lindsay said...

Read them right after AJC was born - like I didn't have enough keeping me awake already. =b

Yeah, the movie's not that great. Robert Pattinson is delish, though.

Meredith said...

In my opinion, the movie is so bad that it's hilariously AWESOME. I saw it with all my friends and there were points when the entire theatre was in stitches. If you have a friend that is also a fan of the books to go with, go see it!
I also have been devouring young adult reads as of late, and I can't say enough about the Scott Westerfeld series, "Uglies." It's more futuristic/sci fi, with a dash of angsty teen romance! There are four books total in the series and I loved every one of them.

Kristen said...

Team Jacob!!