Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Holy Baby Belly Batman!

I've been meaning to take a bump pic for about 3 weeks after I realized my last one was at 25 weeks. But then I got busy, we went out of town for Thanksgiving, I thought my camera broke, etc. Brad figured out the camera thing in 5 minutes and so I had him take these pictures at 30(and a half!) weeks in front of our Christmas tree. Of course Zoe had to jump in and be a part of it - that is why she is the princess. I have definitely gotten bigger since that 25 week picture. I've gone from house to subdivision. 

A few short weeks ago I was taking everything for granted, working the cute bump, enjoying the maternity clothes, taking long walks, saying things like I feel great!  All of the sudden everything is an effort. Sitting up, for instance. Rolling over in the middle of the night. Getting in and out of my car. Making sense when I talk. Remembering things for 5 minutes. Convincing myself some of these maternity tops still fit. Telling people who comment that actually, I am not due this month, I have 2 months to go while sounding like I don't mind they just said that.

I had a doctor appointment on Tuesday, which was fairly uneventful - in a good way. My weight gain has slowed down some, which makes sense because I'm really not as hungry anymore.  I go back for another appointment right before New Year's. I mean, I have various pregnancy symptoms I whine about to Dr. D (who probably hears them 10 times a day, but is very nice not to let on so my heartburn can be 'special'). But in the grand scheme of things they aren't so bad - just tiresome. When I'm feeling really grouchy about being uncomfortable I think of that line Steve Martin has in Father of the Bride right after his daughter's wedding is over - They tell me I'll look back on this one day with great affection and nostalgia. I hope so.

Anyways, the baby is about 3 pounds by now and 15 inches long, which is about the size of my favorite squash!! The butternut!! Which contains neither butter, nor nuts - discuss. It's one of the 5 vegetables I can get Brad to eat (green beans, salad greens, sweet potatoes, corn):

Ok, so am I the only one or does it feel like preparing for Christmas just beats the Christmas spirit right out of you? Shopping, cooking, wrapping, ordering, planning... all on top of working and regular life. If I cry Uncle can I stop now? Homegirl here needs a nap! I've only got 2 months to nap! The Christmas season is also really interfering with my addiction to the Twilight series. I'm on the 4th book, which is awesome so far and making very slow progress due to my current campaign for Elf of the Year. If 'number of ginger cookies baked' is a criteria, I have this thing wrapped up. Pun intended!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

I'll be interested to hear your take on book 4- I loved it, but know lots of people who hated it, and apparently some fans were so enraged they tried to return it to the bookstore!
I'm sure none of that stopped Stephanie Meyer from laughing all the way to the bank.

amygunther said...

I feel the same way! I have people that stop me all of the time thinking that I am about to have the baby right then and there. We went to a Christmas Party on Friday night and a random guy came up to me and said, "You are seven months right?" I asked him if he was the baby whisperer or something! He said his office mate is seven months pregnant and she looks the same.

meghant said...

Just wait until you have to actually get out of bed in order to roll over to the your other side. Then you know it's time to have that baby!

Stephanie said...

I adore how Zoe has insisted in being in this picture. Such a diva...Libby is the exact same way!

Stephanie said...

My erasers are posted now for everyone's enjoyment. There's one that I think you'll especially appreciate...