Sunday, December 28, 2008

Baby Shower!

My two beautiful sisters, Meredith and Megan, threw me the most wonderful baby shower yesterday! I got to visit with so many people I hadn't seen in so long and had the best time! And there were cute little baby things spread all over the living room when we were done - just got me so excited to change the baby's outfit 10 times a day! 

The shower was at my parent's house in McKinney, Texas, which was all dolled up for Christmas. Before the shower, I went and enjoyed a prenatal massage, which my family had gotten me for Christmas. It was so heavenly!!! I felt all relaxed and beautiful before the shower, which is a tall order these days. Here I am with the hostesses and my mom (also known as the fourth sister) right before the shower:
Two of my cousins made the shower as well - Jason who lives in Dallas and Kim, who lives in Albuquerque, New Mexico! Kim and my Aunt Judy, who had been in El Paso with my Nana for Christmas, flew in the night before the shower and it meant so much to have them there. I am blessed to have such a loving family. 
Brad's grandmother, Nanny, was in town for Christmas from Fayetteville, Arkansas visiting Aunt Mary Alice and Uncle Doug (not pictured - probably watching football!). We were so happy they could come and luckily I didn't completely block Nanny out of the picture with my ginormous belly!! Mary Alice brought me the cutest gift - this big wine goblet, painted with the words 'Mommy's Sippy Cup'. Heck yeah!! I think that belongs in my bag that's going to the hospital!
I don't mean to brag, but can we talk about how fabulous my dress is? After weeks of frustrating shopping trying to find something cute to wear at an event I knew there would a paparazzi level of photography going on, I finally found this adorable dress on Friday. I should have known to just wait and go shopping with my mom, who is like the Mall Whisperer. The cutest clothes and accessories just want to be found at deeply discounted prices when she enters the store. We went to Japanese Weekend, a maternity boutique that only has 4 stores in the whole U.S. and one of them happens to be about 15 minutes from my parent's house. The clearance rack was beckoning when we walked in, with many items screaming 'pick me! pick me!'. I found a couple of dresses and this particular one was 83% off. I just pulled up the calculator and checked. Moral of the story: if you get a chance to shop with my mother, do it! 

Here is my favorite pic of myself, as the angle makes me look slightly less large. There were a couple of pics of me and Brad, where he looked all svelte and handsome and I look large enough that maybe I could swallow him whole if I wanted to. So yeah, not posting those. 
All in all, it was an awesome time and a really memorable day. Thanks Mer and Meg and Mom and Dad for such a fun visit and an awesome shower!! I love you!!!

No comments: