Sunday, November 23, 2008

Lazy Sunday

It is almost 2pm and I am still in my jammies. Oh happy day! We are leaving tomorrow night after work for Little Rock for Thanksgiving and I spent all last week in New York for work, so I feel justified in being lazy for an entire weekend. We did run some errands - got my MacBook fixed and made some returns. Last night we ordered pizza, made s'mores and watched football with our neighbors. Baby O came to see the poodles, but she is sick, so not really up to having Zoe steal every single wheat thin she tries to eat.  We've gotten a little lax in our training with Zoe and you can really tell. She wasn't listening to either one of us. We've got to get back on the wagon.

Today we are just packing, doing laundry and watching football. I think I'm going to walk the poodles here in a little while and then run to the store and drug store. It is COLD here in Richmond! Brad had his last soccer game of the season at 9am and it was 23 degrees when he left the house. Brrrrr. I'm making some Fiesta Red Snapper tonight, which I've made before and it's delicious and very easy. 

I'm trying to convince Brad we need a fire to go with our dinner, but I don't think he wants to mess with it. We started to install a gas line so we could have a gas fireplace and use it more often, but haven't turned it on or gotten the logs or anything. There's just something about wood burning that seems like more of a hassle with cleaning up the ashes and making sure it's out before we go to bed. But it really does make the place feel so homey. Next weekend I'm going to decorate the house for Christmas and if it's cold again, I will just HAVE to have a fire! Christmas music, the tree, wreaths, decorating the mantle and hanging stockings. We're not even having Christmas here this year, but having the house decorated makes me feel so happy. 

It must be foodie week at Baby Center because the baby is now the length of an English hothouse cucumber. Yes, it must be That Specific Cucumber or the comparison won't work. Please do not call this child a pickling cucumber or a gerkin or anything - it just won't do his growth justice.
I have another doctor's appointment right after Thanksgiving, where I do the glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes. I have to drink this nasty orange stuff that is chilling in my fridge and then they take blood when I get there. After that appointment I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks. I'm excited about that! Means we are getting close! It's also a little scary because the nursery is not at all ready and USA Baby (grrrrrrrr) called to tell us the crib won't be here until January.  So like all other major events in my life, I will plan for months ad nauseam only to have a rush of things to do at the last stressful minute. Hey I guess that makes me consistent!

1 comment:

aichiba said...

Maybe I'm weird but I thought the orange stuff was pretty tasty. I failed the 1st time but the 2nd time I didn't eat much sugar or starch the day of and passed. Good luck!