Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Did someone drug my water yesterday?

I don't know what is going on with me, but I can not, in this historic election week, keep my eyes open. I had a meeting for Komen right after work yesterday and then rushed home to start watching election returns. 20 minutes later I'm asleep. Brad finally woke me up when he needed to start packing for his Long Island trip (I fell asleep on him) and I got up and tried to do some things around the house but then we started watching returns again. 15 minutes later I was asleep. I remember briefly waking up when Virginia was called for Obama and again during McCain's concession speech and thinking WAKE UP Kara, this is important! But no, fast asleep. Does my psyche actually find the returns tiresome? Is this what the media means when they use the term 'Election Fatigue'????

When we went to bed later I thought for sure I'd be up during the night since I usually stink at sleeping. But no, slept straight through until Brad had to get up for his flight at 4am and then back to sleep after he left until my alarm went off. Now I sit at work, ready to just lay my head down on this desk and sleep. I think the baby must be growing a bunch and it's just really all I have in me to stay awake. Even after a nice little soy latte from Starbucks. Oh well, I guess productivity just wasn't in the cards for me today. Happy Hump Day everone!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Growing a human being is tiring work!