Monday, October 27, 2008

Craptastic Monday

All that yard work I was so pleased to blog about yesterday has left me in serious back pain. I think I overdid it. I had the heating pad on for 2 hours last night and Brad put the massager thing on my back for a while too. I slept ok, but work up sore. Sitting in my chair at work was such a picnic! I kept thinking, I will find an excuse to leave early and go take it easy with clear conscience at home. But I never did and actually left late because it was Craptastic Monday! 

You know those days when you wake up with a pit in your stomach because it's the beginning of the week and you fully realize all that it's going to take to get you to Friday? That was this morning. It was dark out, I remembered the meetings I had today that I really didn't want to attend, the icky project I have been procrastinating on forever because it stinks and I have to go out of town tomorrow for a brutal all day meeting on Wednesday. On Long Island. And not the good part. 

The drive to work was pleasant with all the trees in their bright fall colors, but then it got really cold and yucky here during the day today as some cold front came through. A cold front that has my Facebook friends in Texas and Arkansas ecstatic enough to post weather-related statuses. I could do without the wet and just take some cold, but I guess that's fall for you. No walk for the poodles tonight. Frozen french bread pizza and Two and a Half Men reruns for me.

So my gift to you on Craptastic Monday - a boring blog post. Enjoy! I'm going to go read one of my borrowed books about how make babies stop screaming. Sounds like a good way to top off the day. Anticipating the future! I'm really not even in the mood for Gossip Girl - that's saying something.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who emailed or posted on the fabric. It's pretty much hands down unanimous for the top fabric with the lime green. And then when the baby is ready to move to his big boy room I will either recover it, move it to a different room or have another baby, which must be a girl so I can put a pink pillow on the chair, which would be so cute! I can just hear that argument one day - But Brad, we HAVE to have another baby now - what else are we going to do with that chair????

No comments: