Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Week 16 Dr. Appointment - State of the Uterus

Brad and I went in this morning for an appointment with Dr. D. What a fun way to start the day! A lot of it was very routine, but it's so reassuring to hear that everything looks healthy and good. I have gained 6 1/2 pounds total so far, which the doctor was really happy with. She answered a bunch of my questions and told me to try a little caffeine for the headaches I've been having recently. Doctor approved caffeine! Yeah!

The most fun part of the appointment was hearing the heartbeat. She has this little machine she carries around and puts the wand on your belly and you can hear the heartbeat! We also got to hear 3 kicks! She kept asking me if I felt the kicks, but it was kind of hard to with the wand pressing into my belly. The heartbeat is still really fast - high 150's to low 160's and Dr. D said again she thinks it's a girl. Right after she said that there was a big kick and she said 'whatever it is, it's a show off!' Now where on earth would the baby get that from? I think Brad was envisioning soccer scholarships with each kick. Bend it like Baby!

Speaking of Brad, he is so funny and cute at the doctor's office. He has no idea what to do with himself so he kind of wanders around trying to watch while they're showing me the bathroom and weighing me. And he doesn't really seem to want to sit in the chair they put in the rooms for the daddies. I guess it must be odd to be at the doctor and not be the focus of the visit. He popped up out of his chair as soon as Dr. D found the heartbeat and we both had these big dopey grins on our faces. It's just the most beautiful sound in the world.

We had to reschedule the next visit, which will be the ultrasound where we find out if it's a boy or a girl! We've moved it up to October 2 because Brad has to be out of town the following week for work. The appointment is late in the afternoon, though, so I have to find some way to get through the work day with all the anticipation! It's going to be like 10 little kid Christmases all in one!

So the next state of the uterus is October 2 and it'll be a good one!

No comments: