Saturday, September 20, 2008

Spooner Tails - September 20th

The baby is now the size of a...

That's a turnip if you're like me and don't eat them ever. When I was searching for a pictures, there were all these other funny pictures of turnips. I don't know why it is appealing to humanize the turnip, but I thought I'd play along. So if the baby is in a bad mood, it must look like this:


And if the baby is cheerful, it must look like this:

This weekend (tomorrow actually) is our 6th anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long, though we have done quite a bit in that time. We're talking 3 houses, 2 moves, 2 poodles, multiple jobs and lots of fun trips. I'm going to post some of my favorite pictures from the last 6 years later. Now that I have this spiffy scanner, I can scan the pictures that were taken before *gasp* digital cameras were the norm.  That would include our wedding and honeymoon pictures. Yes, we have been married long enough to pre-date some technology. There were no ipods either! We took our discman on the plane to Hawaii! 

Today I am meeting my friend Karen for lunch and her new little baby boy - he is about 6 weeks now. Then I am going maternity shopping. Last night I started packing up the clothes that will definitely not fit again until after I have the baby. It was a little sad - good bye friends, see you in several months (or next year for the sweaters). 

But in happier news, I got my first pair of maternity jeans in the mail yesterday. My mother-in-law Hope got me a gift certificate to Saks for my birthday, which was around the time I found out I was pregnant. I stashed it away for some type of maternity ridiculousness I knew I would just HAVE to have. And I found it in this beautiful pair of designer maternity jeans. They are Citizen jeans with a dark rinse and very cute. I am going to wear them to threadbareness. When Brad got home I pulled them out of the box again and showed them to him proudly. He gave them this funny, skeptical look and said 'what's that thing at the top?'. Like they were defective or something and I just hadn't noticed yet. Um, Brad, that's the maternity panel to hold them up. He didn't really know maternity pants worked like that. 

So that's what you get today. Turnips and jeans. Happy Saturday! And Happy 6th Birthday Gavin! And Happy 39th birthday Aunt Judy!! =)

No comments: