Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's a sad day

I found out yesterday that my grandfather died in the morning. My dad's dad. He's been sick for a while with bone cancer, which can be very painful. I am grateful he died peacefully in his sleep and that my dad got to see him just a few weeks ago. He lived in Farmington, New Mexico, which is a small town 3 hours north of Albuquerque near the Colorado border. I'm flying out tomorrow early to meet my mom and sister Megan in Albuquerque to drive up for the memorial service. I get back to Richmond on Wednesday afternoon. 

This is a picture of me when I was about 5 with my grandfather, probably somewhere in Colorado.  He took me fishing (yep, I fished once) and I didn't catch anything and neither did my dad but Grandpa caught one. When we got home I announced that Grandpa caught the ONLY fish in the lake! My parents love that story.

No comments: